Ten films submitted to German Films in recent weeks are in the selection process for the German contribution that will enter the race for the 94th Oscar® in the Best International Feature Film category this year.
The following titles are up for selection:
- COPILOT (DIE WELT WIRD EINE ANDERE SEIN) – Anne Zohra Berrached (Razor Filmproduktion)
- DEAR THOMAS (LIEBER THOMAS) – Andreas Kleinert (Zeitsprung Pictures)
- DIE RETTUNG DER UNS BEKANNTEN WELT – Til Schweiger (Barefoot Films)
- FABIAN – GOING TO THE DOGS (FABIAN ODER DER GANG VOR DIE HUNDE) – Dominik Graf (Lupa Film)
- FEMOCRACY (DIE UNBEUGSAMEN) – Torsten Körner (Broadview Pictures)
- I'M YOUR MAN (ICH BIN DEIN MENSCH) – Maria Schrader (Letterbox Filmproduktion)
- JE SUIS KARL – Christian Schwochow (Pandora Film Produktion)
- MR. BACHMANN AND HIS CLASS (HERR BACHMANN UND SEINE KLASSE) – Maria Speth (Madonnen Film)
- THE LAST EXECUTION (NAHSCHUSS) – Franziska Stünkel (Network Movie Film- und Fernsehproduktion)
- THE ROYAL GAME (SCHACHNOVELLE) – Philipp Stölzl (Walker + Worm Film)
The films will be screened on the big screen by a nine-member committee, which will then select one work for submission to the Academy. German Films, as the responsible umbrella organisation, is entrusted with the preparation and implementation of the selection process and is not part of the committee.
The German entry for the 94th Academy Awards will be announced on 15 September from 6:30 pm (CEST).
More information about the selection procedure can be found here.
Nicole Kaufmann, Head of Regional Desk USA &UK
Jessica Trute, Head of Public Relations