The committee decided to support the following films:
- BUDDENBROOKS: THE DECLINE OF A FAMILY (DIE BUDDENBROOKS) in Taiwan
- HARLAN - IN THE SHADOW OF THE JEW SUESS (HARLAN – IM SCHATTEN VON JUD
SUESS) in the USA
- JASPER: JOURNEY TO THE END OF THE WORLD (JASPER UND DAS
LIMONADENKOMPLOTT) in France
- JOHN RABE in Belgium
- SOUL KITCHEN in Greece
- VISION (VISION – AUS DEM LEBEN DER HILDEGARD VON BINGEN) in Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- DESERT FLOWER (WUESTENBLUME) in Greece
The "Distribution Support" funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50,000 is granted in the the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up Euros 10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for "Distribution Support" can be downloaded at www.german-films.de/support.