In the fourth sitting of 2010, the „Distribution Support“ awards committee met on June 24 to fund nine foreign theatrical campaigns of German films with a total of € 73,000. Another four theatrical releases were awarded € 28,000 in a further decision.
The committee decided to support the following films:
• EVERYONE ELSE (ALLE ANDEREN) in Spain
• BERLIN CALLING in Argentina/Chile/Peru/Uruguay
• THE TWO HORSES OF GENGHIS KHAN (DAS LIED VON DEN ZWEI PFERDEN) in Spain
• WHEN WE LEAVE (DIE FREMDE) in Switzerland
• THE HAIRDRESSER (DIE FRISEUSE) in the Netherlands
• THE MOONBEAM BEAR AND HIS FRIENDS (DER MONDBAER) in Israel
• RAMMBOCK in Austria
• SOUL KITCHEN in Columbia and the Netherlands
• VISION (VISION – AUS DEM LEBEN DER HILDEGARD VON BINGEN) in the United States
• THE WHITE RIBBON (DAS WEISSE BAND) in Chile
• DESERT FLOWER (WUESTENBLUME) in Brazil
• RABBIT WITHOUT EARS 2 (ZWEIOHRKUEKEN) in Taiwan
The "Distribution Support" funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50,000 is granted in the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up to Euros 10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for "Distribution Support" can be downloaded at www.german-films.de/support