In the fourth sitting of 2011, the Distribution Support awards committee met on July 4 to fund twelve foreign theatrical campaigns of German films with a total of €69,000. Another theatrical release was awarded €3,000 in a further decision.
The committee decided to support the following films:
- ALMANYA in Israel (Lev Cinemas)
- THREE (DREI) in Turkey (Yeni Bir Film)
- WHEN WE LEAVE (DIE FREMDE) in Colombia (Cineplex)
- THE HAIRDRESSER (DIE FRISEUSE) in South Korea (BooGeeYoungHwa Pictures)
- GOETHE! in Turkey (Kalinos Filmcilik) and the USA (Southport Music Box
- KLITSCHKO in Switzerland(Filmcoopi Zürich)
- ANIMALS UNITED (DIE KONFERENZ DER TIERE) in Portugal (Valentim de Carvalho Multimedia)
- THE DAY I WAS NOT BORN (DAS LIED IN MIR) in Brazil (Serendip Filmes)
- THE TWO HORSES OF GENGHIS KHAN (DAS LIED VON DEN ZWEI PFERDEN) in France (Jupiter Communications)
- PINA in Israel (Lev Cinemas) and the Netherlands (Cinéart)
- DANCING DREAMS (TANZTRÄUME) in Spain(Paco Poch Cinema)
The Distribution Support funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50,000 is granted in the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up to Euros 10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for Distribution Support can be downloaded at http://www.german-films.de/distributors-corner/distribution-support/.