At the third sitting this year on 21 June 2006, the „Distribution Support“ committee supported twelve theatrical releases abroad of German films with a total of € 127.000.
The committee decided to support the following films:
* BAREFOOT (BARFUSS) in Slovakia and Slovenia
* THE EDUKATORS (DIE FETTEN JAHRE SIND VORBEI) in Colombia
* HELL ON WHEELS (HOELLENTOUR) in Japan
* TOUGH ENOUGH (KNALLHART) in Italy
* LUCY in France
* NAPOLA in Hungary
* SUMMER IN BERLIN (SOMMER VORM BALKON) in Spain
* SOPHIE SCHOLL in Australia
* THE WHITE MASAI (DIE WEISSE MASSAI) in the Czech Republic and Poland
* THE WILD SOCCER BUNCH 2 (DIE WILDEN KERLE 2) in Portugal
The "Distribution Support" program of German Films has existed since 2005. The funding is intended for the financing of additional measures to supplement the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50.000 is granted in the the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up Euros 10.000 can also be allocated as a grant. In 2006, German Films has an overall budget of Euros 500.000 available for the support program.
The guidelines and application form for "Distribution Support 2006" are available from German Films and can also be downloaded from www.german-films.de/support