In the third sitting of 2012, the „Distribution Support“ awards committee funded 13 foreign theatrical campaigns of German films with a total of € 67,000. The support of a further four theatrical releases had already been decided in advance with a total of € 31,000.
The committee decided to support the following films:
- ALMANYA in France (Eurozoom)
- BARBARA in Switzerland (Look Now!) and Turkey (Bir Film)
- THREE (DREI) in Poland (Vivarto)
- THREE QUARTER MOON (DREIVIERTELMOND) in Norway (AS Fidalgo)
- BLISS (GLÜCK) in Norway (AS Fidalgo)
- STOPPED ON TRACK (HALT AUF FREIER STRECKE) in Spain (Paco Poch Cinema) and Taiwan (Cineplex Development)
- OFFROAD in Austria/Alto Adige (Thimfilm)
- TOM SAWYER in the CIS territories (Luxor)
- KILL ME (TÖTE MICH) in France (Les films du Losange)
- REMEMBRANCE (DIE VERLORENE ZEIT) in Japan (Crest Intl.)
- ESCAPE FROM TIBET (WIE ZWISCHEN HIMMEL UND ERDE) in Austria (Polyfilm/Filmcasino)
The "Distribution Support" funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50,000 is granted in the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up to Euros 10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for "Distribution Support" can be downloaded at http://www.german-films.de/distributors-corner/distribution-support/.