In the third sitting of 2011, the „Distribution Support“ awards committee met on May 2 to fund eight foreign theatrical campaigns of German films with a total of € 59,500. Another eight theatrical releases were awarded € 62,000 in a further decision. The committee decided to support the following films:
- ALMANYA in Switzerland (Filmcoopi)
- THREE (DREI) in Belgium (Lumière Publishing), in the CIS territories/Baltic states (Silver Box) and Greece (Seven Group)
- HOME FROM HOME (ENDSTATION DER SEHNSÜCHTE) in South Korea (With Cinema)
- JANE’S JOURNEY in Poland (Against Gravity)
- LAURA’S STAR & THE MYSTERIOUS DRAGON NIAN (LAURAS STERN UND DER GEHEIMNISVOLLE DRACHE NIAN) in China (Toonmax Media)
- LIFE, ABOVE ALL in the United Kingdom(Peccadillo Pictures)
- PINA in Belgium (Cinéart), in Bulgaria (Art Fest) in France (Les Filmes du Losange), in Greece (Odeon), in the United Kingdom/Ireland (Artificial Eye) and Switzerland (Filmcoopi)
- VINCENT WANTS TO SEA (VINCENT WILL MEER) in the United States of America (Corinth Films)
- WE ARE THE NIGHT (WIR SIND DIE NACHT) in Turkey (Özen Film)
The "Distribution Support" funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50,000 is granted in the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up to Euros 10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for "Distribution Support" can be downloaded at http://www.german-films.de/distributors-corner/distribution-support/.