In the first meeting of 2011, the "Distribution Support" awards committee decided on February 2 to fund ten foreign theatrical campaigns of German films with a total of €67,000. Another theatrical release was awarded €6,000 in a further decision.
The committee decided to support the following films:
- AYLA in Israel (Nachshon Films)
- BERLIN ‘36 in the United States of America (Corinth Films)
- THREE (DREI) in Hungary (Cirko Films – Máskepp Alapítvány)
- WHEN WE LEAVE (DIE FREMDE) in Canada (Mongrel Media)
- JOHN RABE in France (Albany Films)
- DAS LIED IN MIR in Israel (Orlando Films)
- MAHLER ON THE COUCH (MAHLER AUF DER COUCH) in Japan (Cetera International)
- NORTH FACE (NORDWAND) in Taiwan(Joint Entertainment)
- SOUL BOY in Russia (Artcinema Distribution)
- TANGERINE in Morocco (Centrale Africaine Cinématographique)
- DESERT FLOWER (WÜSTENBLUME) in Romania (SC Clorofilm)
The "Distribution Support" funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of €50,000 is granted in the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up to €10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for "Distribution Support" can be downloaded at http://www.german-films.de/distributors-corner/distribution-support/