In the sixth sitting of 2011, the „Distribution Support“ awards committee funded 17 foreign theatrical campaigns of German films with a total of € 125,000. Another three theatrical releases were already awarded €10,000 in a prior decision.
The committee decided to support the following films:
- ALMANYA in Italy (Teodora Film Distribuzione) and Hungary (CineReal)
- EL BULLI – COOKING IN PROGRESS in Japan (Doma Inc.) and Sweden (Nonstop Entertainment)
- THREE (DREI) in Denmark (Øst for Paradis)
- SUMMER WINDOW (FENSTER ZUM SOMMER) in Switzerland (Filmcoopi Zürich)
- YOUNG GOETHE IN LOVE (GOETHE!) in Poland (Vivarto)
- AT ELLEN S AGE (IM ALTER VON ELLEN) in France (Films Sans Frontières)
- KLITSCHKO in Estonia (Estinfilm)
- THE SILENCE (DAS LETZTE SCHWEIGEN) in Portugal (Pris Audiovisuais)
- THE TWO HORSES OF GENGHIS KHAN (DAS LIED VON DEN ZWEI PFERDEN) in Mongolia (Media Group NTV)
- PINA in the USA (IFC Films)
- TOM SAWYER in Switzerland (Filmcoopi Zürich)
- UNDER CONTROL (UNTER KONTROLLE) in Japan (Daguerro Press)
- REMEMBRANCE (DIE VERLORENE ZEIT) in South Korea (Mediasoft Films)
- VISION (VISION – AUS DEM LEBEN DER HILDEGARD VON BINGEN) in South Korea (PoongKyung SoRi)
- WHO, IF NOT US (WER WENN NICHT WIR) in Brazil (TAG Imovision) and Taiwan (Swallow Wings)
- VICKY AND THE TREASURE OF THE GODS (WICKIE AUF GROSSER FAHRT) in Spain (Aurum Producciones)
- WE ARE THE NIGHT (WIR SIND DIE NACHT) in Poland (M2 Films)
The "Distribution Support" funding program has existed since 2005 and supports the theatrical release of German films abroad. Subsidies are awarded for additional measures over and above the release campaign which had already been planned by the foreign distributors. The support to a maximum of Euros 50,000 is granted in the form of a conditionally repayable loan. Funding of up to Euros 10,000 can also be allocated as a grant.
The guidelines and the application form for "Distribution Support" can be downloaded at http://www.german-films.de/distributors-corner/distribution-support/.