Fred Breinersdorfer worked as a lawyer for seventeen years before his first crime novel, Abel, was published in 1980. Since then he has written numerous novels, short stories and plays as well as scripts and became a prolific writer of Tatort TV movies and, since 2003, has been producing, with various partners, films he has written, including Sophie Scholl - die letzten Tage. His films as a director include: Summer Sunday and Between Tomorrow and Today.
- 13 MINUTES (ELSER – ER HÄTTE DIE WELT VERÄNDERT)
- Between Tomorrow and Today (Zwischen Heute und Morgen)
- Hope Dies Last (Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt, Die)
- LOST SON, THE (VERLORENE SOHN, DER)
- MAN WHO JUMPED CARS, THE (MANN DER ÜBER AUTOS SPRANG, DER)
- Sophie Scholl – The Final Days (Sophie Scholl - Die letzten Tage)
- Summer Sunday (Sommersonntag)