Dirk Grau was born in 1963 in Burscheid. He began his career as a film
editor and writer in 1987. As an editor he has been recognized for his work on many films such as Sexy Sadie, Break Even, Friends and the highly-acclaimed Rhythm Is It! for which he received the German Film Award in 2005. He also worked with director Detlev Buck on his newest film Knallhart. Together with Carmen Baudi he formed the Seaside Pictures Film Company which will also produce his newest feature film Caccaville, currently in preparation. As a director he has made several short films, including With Fish Just White Wine (1998), The Letter (1999), and his feature debut Timeout (2001). A Full Circle (2006) is his second feature film.
- Berlin, Boxhagener Platz (Boxhagener Platz)
- Break Even (plus-minus null)
- Erotic Tales: PORN.COM
- Erotic Tales: Why Don't We Do It In The Road? (Erotic Tales: Verkehrsinsel)
- Full Circle, A
- Hands Off Mississippi (Haende weg von Mississippi)
- Kaifeck Murder (Hinter Kaifeck)
- LIFE, ABOVE ALL (GELIEBTES LEBEN)
- Rhythm Is It!
- SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT
- Sexy Sadie
- Tough Enough (Knallhart)
- Trust Me (Freunde)
- Wrapped Reichstag, The (Dem Deutschen Volke)