Detlef Bothe was born in 1965 in Braunschweig and trained as an actor from 1989-1992. Since 1990, he has been acting for film, television and theater and debuted as a director in 2002 with FEIERTAG, which won the Special Jury Prize at the Filmfest Munich in the same year. Also active as a writer for film, television and the theater, his films as a director include: MY WIFE, MY FRIENDS AND ME (2004), TOUR EXCESS (2007), MEIN (2009), INTO THE SUITE (2014), EVA S. (2015), and LITTLE BIG FIGHTERS (2020).
- BUTTERFLIES IN THE NIGHT (SCHMETTERLINGE DER NACHT)
- CULPA - NO ONE IS INNOCENT (CULPA - NIEMAND IST OHNE SCHULD)
- FOUR HANDS (VIERHÄNDIGE, DIE)
- Goddamn Job, A (Ein Goettlicher Job)
- LITTLE BIG FIGHTERS (KLEINE GROSSE KÄMPFER)
- My Wife, My Friends and Me (Meine Frau, meine Freunde und ich)
- Tour Excess (Neben der Spur)