Achim von Borries was born in Munich in 1968. He studied History, Political Science and Philosophy in Berlin, followed by studies at the German Film & Television Academy (dffb) in Berlin. Active as a writer and director, he has directed ENGLAND! (2000), LOVE IN THOUGHTS (2004), and 4 DAYS IN MAY (2011). He collaborated on the screenplays to such films as GOOD BYE, LENIN!, THE THREE ROBBERS, MEIN SOMMER MIT MOLOMOK, LILLY THE WITCH - THE JOURNEY TO MANDOLAN, and KARL MAY - PHANTAST.
- 4 DAYS IN MAY (4 TAGE IM MAI)
- ALONE IN BERLIN (JEDER STIRBT FÜR SICH ALLEIN)
- BABYLON BERLIN
- FRIENDS FOREVER (MULLEWAPP - DAS GROSSE KINOABENTEUER DER FREUNDE)
- LILLY THE WITCH 2 - THE JOURNEY TO MANDOLAN (HEXE LILLI - DIE REISE NACH MANDOLAN)
- LOVE IN THOUGHTS (WAS NÜTZT DIE LIEBE IN GEDANKEN)
- THREE ROBBERS, THE (DREI RÄUBER, DIE)