Alexander Beyer was born in 1973 in Thuringia. He had his acting debut as a child in the Erfurt Opera House in various Russian fairy tale pieces. After his schooling, he studied Acting the Ernst Busch Academy in Berlin. He has appeared in such films as: Frank Beyer's Hauptmann von Koepenick (TV, 1997), Volker Schloendorff's The Legends of Rita (Die Stille nach dem Schuss, 1999), Leander Haussmann's Sun Alley (Sonnenallee, 2000), Johannes Kiefer's Gregor's Greatest Invention (Gregors groesste Erfindung, 2001), which was nominated for an OSCAR in the category Best Short Film-Live Action in 2002, Michael Hofmann's Sophiiiie!, which screened in competition in Locarno in 2002, Robert Schwentke's Eierdiebe (The Family Jewels, 2003), Marc Ottiker's Halbe Miete, and Wolfgang Becker's Good Bye, Lenin (2003), among others. He his currently shooting alongside Barbara Sukowa in Sebastian Steinbichler's melodrama Hierankl. Alexander Beyer lives in Zurich and Berlin.
- (Maria am Wasser)
- 3° Colder (new director\'s cut) (3° Kaelter)
- Family Jewels, The (Eierdiebe)
- FRESHLY SQUEEZED (FRISCH GEPRESST)
- GOOD BYE, LENIN!
- GREGOR'S GREATEST INVENTION (GREGORS GRÖSSTE ERFINDUNG)
- LEGENDS OF RITA, THE (STILLE NACH DEM SCHUSS, DIE)
- SHIVERSTONE CASTLE (BURG SCHRECKENSTEIN)
- SHIVERSTONE CASTLE II (BURG SCHRECKENSTEIN 2)
- SILENT SEA (MEERES STILLE)
- Summertime Blues
- Sun Alley (Sonnenallee)